President Donald Trump trails former Vice President Joe Biden among Texas voters and holds slim leads over other Democrats, according to the results of a new poll.
Key findings in the Quinnipiac University survey, which was released Wednesday:
- Biden leads Trump, 48% to 44% in the 2020 presidential race.
- Trump leads Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., 47% to 44%.
- Trump leads Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., 46% to 45%.
- Trump leads former Rep. Beto O’Rourke, 48% to 45%.
- Trump leads South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg, 46% to 44%.
- Trump leads Sen. Kamala Harris, 47% to 43%.
- Trump leads former Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Julian Castro, 46% to 43%.
- Trump has near-unanimous support among Republicans and the same goes for Biden among Democrats, but independents back Biden, 55% to 33%.
“The numbers are good for Vice President Joseph Biden, who dominates the field in a Democratic primary and has the best showing in a head-to-head match-up against President Donald Trump,” said Peter A. Brown, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll.
“In historically red-leaning Texas, the report for the rest of the Democratic field is not so bad either, which could spell trouble for President Trump. It is the largest state in the country with a Republican edge.”